Oprah had her favorites list–can’t I have one too? I think she’d approve.
1. Our new Whirlpool refrigerator–it’s so nice and shiny. And it actually keeps our food cold, which, you know, is a big step up after the last one.
2. Carters baby clothes and accessories–they make the most adorable baby outfits, which Zoey sports regularly. Carol (Greg’s mom) and I have an ongoing joke that Ms. Carter constantly sends Carol outfits for Zoey (that Ms. Carter, she sure is generous).
3.Vtech toys–make learning fun. In particular, this toy:
Zoey can’t get enough of it. The front part pops off for playtime on the go and she loves walking around the house while pushing the base. Plus, there’s so much to do on this toy–the cogs turn and play music, the cow and sun are buttons that plays music, the little door can be opened and shut, the rollers on the bottom spin, the triangle, square and circle come off to reveal even more buttons and the phone rings and can be removed for pretend talk time. Best. Toy. Ever.
4. www.pinterest.com–makes the favs list for a second week in a row because I’m still completely obsessed with that site! I love finding new and creative ideas for cooking, crafts and just general fun. I have 5 friend invites if you’re interested.
5. The Mommy-Network–this is the group you’re automatically welcomed into when you have a baby. Whether it’s your first kid or your fifth (gah!), you’ll inevitably find other moms in your life that are willing to talk about poop, baby food, temper tantrums and teething. The only rule of this club is that you accept news of awesome garage sales, slightly-used hand-me-down clothes or toys (and pass them onto another mom if you can’t use them) and more with grace and appreciation. I’m sure I’ll be talking more about the Mommy-Network in a future blog post.
6. This tattoo (and blog), which I found on www.reluctanthousewifeconfessions.wordpress.com:
It says ‘Abundant Life’ in Greek. But did you know that Zoey means ‘life’? So, the last three letters on her right arm are Zoey’s name. Wouldn’t they look awesome as a tattoo–just three letters? If I weren’t such a wuss about pain I would seriously consider it.
The owner of the tattoo and blog also has a daughter named Zoe Grace (who was born almost a month exactly after our Zoey). She’s funny and honest and an all-around good egg. I follow her blog religiously and you should too.